Congratulations to one of our FANTASTIC instructors, Meghan White!
Our Mom of the Month has some hilarious tidbits to share!
1. I'm a closet Deadhead/ Widespread Panic fan/ Hippy
2. When I'm really tired on a run, I sing along with my IPOD…OUT LOUD!
3. I once (attempted to)played guitar and sang on stage in a Dublin pub…it was not pretty!
4. I grew up in the mountains of Roanoke, so I sometimes get "mountain sick" and have to drive home or at least to Charlottesville to get my mountain fix
5. My dad once tried to scare away one of my first dates with a real boy and arrow---the story was the talk of my high school. Needless to say…not many dates to follow!
6. I hate "Calliou"---I think he's a whiny wuss even though my husband and almost 3-year-old assure me "Calliou is a good boy".
7. I love my Irish heritage---there was actually a bagpiper at my wedding reception.
8. The first 2 times I trained to run a half-marathon, I got pregnant. Now when I mention training for anything, my husband gets really nervous.
9. I loooove to bake and cook---the problem is I eat everything I bake! If I try to give you baked goods, PLEASE take them off my hands!
10. I love a good cold glass of Chardonnay!
11. My favorite vacay spot in the world is Nantucket—I haven't been forever, but loooove it!
12. I studied classical violin from age 4 to 18, but I'm still terrified to perform in public.
13. I have a little sister, Lauren. We used to mistaken for twins when we were little.
14. I am NOT a morning person---but I fake it well!
15. My favorite comfort food is angel hair pasta with parmesean cheese, butter, and sage.
16. I love to garden/ have a garden to keep but I keep killing everything---I think it's a lost cause
17. Peter Pan was my imaginary friend for several years---my mother had to set his plate at the dinner table, strap him into an imaginary car seat, and check my drawers each night for his "shadow to mend".
18. I once stuck a paper clip in an electrical socket just to "see what would happen"----I was in my mom's classroom at school and it blew up, leaving a flaming post-it note as evidence. I was at least 11 and old enough to know better---I think I'm still supposed to be grounded!
19. I make up ridiculous songs for my kids when they're screaming in the car---at least it makes my husband and me laugh until we can stand the screaming!
20. I have 2 crazy yellow labs, Dixie and Eddie Lee. Dixie once ate an entire sheet of drywall and an old wooden fence. Marley has nothin' on my dogs!
21. I'm a not-so-secret "Gossip Girl" fan---I also love Top Chef, Grays Anatomy, and Flipping Out
22. I was an English/ Literature teacher in my pre-mommy life---My favorite book of all time is "Jane Eyre". I know, I'm a dork!
23. I'm a history nerd and would loooove to live in a REALLY old house and fix stuff all the time---my husband will kill me if I take on any more projects though, so I'll be content to teach the Church Hill class and live vicariously through my Church Hill ladies and their gorgeous old houses!
24. I have a TERRIBLE sense of direction and often get lost using my GPS.
25. My daughters are my biggest accomplishment. My biggest hope for them is that they grow up to be strong, confident, intelligent women. I love Stroller Strides because I think it's a fabulous example of how to do be the kind of woman I want them to be while fostering a nurturing and empowering sense of motherhood. Yay, Stroller Strides!