Here are 25 things about Courtney....
1. I was born in Texas, but moved to Richmond when I was 8 1/2. I call myself a Texan, but consider Richmond home. I lived in Northern VA for 6 years after grad school and don't miss it a bit!
2. My mom and step-dad were high school and college sweethearts and were reunited at their 20th high school reunion. They have been married for almost 25 years. We now live around the corner from my parents in the neighborhood I grew up in. It's fantastic, and my husband would agree!
3. I have a sister, a stepsister, and a stepbrother. I consider my "steps" my real sister and brother. I like being 1 of 4, especially as adults. Holidays are the best!
4. I don't think I could have 4 kids...2 is nice number and much less expensive
5. Speaking of money, I am the one in our family who does all the money stuff. I like to have control!
6. I went to Virginia Tech and graduated with a degree in history. I am still trying to figure out what to with that.
7. I met my husband, Brian, at Tech while we were studying. We started dating in 1996, had 2 years off, and then married in 2003. I knew I was going to marry him the first weekend we hung out.
8. Brian is the most outgoing person I have ever met. I have always admired that quality in him. I am a closet introvert. You might not know it, but I am shy around new people and new situations.
9. He is also very funny....which is handy during a fight! It breaks the tension!
10. I worked as an IT recruiter for a year and half, and then went to VCU for my master's in teaching.
11. I have 2 children-Will, who is 2 1/2, and Hadley, who is 3 months. They are the one of the best things that ever happened to me and make me laugh and smile daily!
12. I suffered terrible Post Partum Depression after having Will. It was a very rough 4 months with a crying baby who never slept and was a difficult nurser. I swore I would never have any more children. You can see from #11 it didn't quite work out that way.
13. I credit Stroller Strides for helping me overcome my PPD. I exercised, had more energy, met some of my closest friends there, got in shape and lost weight, and started running.
14. Someday, I'd like to have a job or volunteer to help women who suffer from PPD. People don't talk about it enough.
15. I run, but I don't really like it. I run mostly for the social aspect of it. I love running with friends and chatting about everything and anything. I call my Saturday running group, my therapy group. It's my "me" time.
16. It's also a great opportunity to to get away. I went to Charleston last year with 3 other friends to run the Bridge Run. We decided to do another girls trip this year since it was so much fun!
17. I only run races, so I have a goal to work towards and to keep me on track with my running during the week.
18. I started running when I was a teacher in Fairfax Cty. I ran about 15-20 miles a week with another teacher and our school's PE teacher, who also happened to be a Nike sponsored runner and competed in the Olympic Trials. It was a great stress reliever.
19. My running goal this year is to run the Richmond 1/2 marathon in November. I have never run more than 10 miles.
20. Running and Stroller Strides, helped me have a great 2nd pregnancy with Hadley! I ran until I was 22 weeks, only gained 17 lbs, walked around Target until I was 7 cm dilated (I didn't think I was in labor..oops), only had to push 4 times for a total of 2 minutes, and she weighed almost a pound more than Will. The OB even asked me what kind of exercise I did after my delivery.
21. I am a big procrastinator, and I like to be organized. Organizing my house is how I procrastinate from doing things I need to do like laundry and writing thank you notes.
22. I taught 3rd grade in a gifted and talented center in Fairfax for 5 years. I loved teaching GT students. They were so smart and interested in everything and made teaching fun.
23. I love to eat, also another reason why I do Stroller Strides and run. My husband and I love to try new restaurants in town. Mamma Zu's is one of my favorites and I love to eat potatoes, in any shape or form, and hor d'oeuvres (I can get a little of everything that way).
24. I love to travel as well. My favorite place is anywhere with white sand, clear blue water, a good book or magazine, and a cold beer!
25. Will is my active little peanut and Hadley is my easy going baby! She makes me want to have more kids, and he keeps me on my toes. It's been so fun to watch them grow and develop their own little personalities.