This month we are pleased to announce MEGAN B (Nicholas' mom) as our very special mom. Megan has been coming to Stroller Strides since Nick was 6 weeks old. She pushes herself harder and harder at each class and has seen incredible changes in her body (see number 21 below). She is on our Run Like a Mother 10k training team and will cross that finish line in March. Finally, she has also found new friends at Stroller Strides which helps her get through the tough times of motherhood! CONGRATS MEGAN!
Here are Megan's 25 things:
2. I have a younger sister who is in a PhD program for child psychology and a younger brother who is an undergraduate in political science and pre-law.
3. I was president of the student council and captain of the academic teams in high school.
4. I married the first guy I ever kissed.
5. We were married on a beach in Jamaica.
6. We started dating when I was a freshman in high school.
7. I was an intern for my Congressman for two years in high school.
8. I got my undergraduate degree in political science from Bryn Mawr College and my teaching license from the University of Richmond.
9. I taught preschool for 4 ½ years at the JCC but I’m not Jewish.
10. One infant is harder to take care of than the sixteen 3 year olds that I taught.
11. Nicholas has been the best thing that has ever happened to me.
12. I slept with my hand in Nick’s bassinet for a week because I couldn’t believe he was real.
13. A friend offered to give me an ultrasound on her personal machine to find out what we were having because I couldn’t wait until the 20th week appointment. She is a vet. We did the ultrasound at her clinic.
14. She told us we were having a girl. She was wrong.
15. My husband is William Bradley V. I didn’t want to continue the family name and have William the sixth.
16. I liked the name Nicholas and my husband liked Max. So we picked Nicholas Maxwell Bradley.
17. I craved carrots, celery, and grapefruit when I was pregnant. I have not eaten them since.
18. Raising my son without family nearby is incredibly hard. They live in Minnesota and Florida.
19. I know what 50 degrees below zero feels like.
20. My husband thinks I don’t know how to change the lining of the diaper pail.
21. I am down 3 dress sizes from what I was wearing before I got pregnant.
22. I going to run the Monument Ave 10k because I’ve spent too many years thinking I can’t.
23. I am obsessed with the tv show LOST.
24. I am learning how to cook but hate to use measuring cups.
25. I’m so thankfully for all of the amazing friends I’ve made through Stroller Strides!