So let's keep spreading the word! I posted on Facebook yesterday asking people to post their Stroller Strides memories and here are a few of the replies:
- My favorite memory has to be my first day. I was scared to death that I would never keep up with all the other moms. But I did and signed up that day. I so enjoyed all the time spent meeting new people. I have to say that you are one of the most inspiring people I have ever met. You give more of yourself than anyone I know. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
- I became a Strider four years ago tomorrow, at Rachel's one-year anniversary. I wanted to "get through flu season" without taking my then-6-month old to the gym kid care place. I have made lifelong friends, as has my daughter; encouraged a new franchisee; and become involved in changing other women's lives for the better. Stroller Strides is WAY more than just a fitness class.
- going to MNO and hanging with Lisa Druxman was a memory I'll never forget, and the way my quads felt after her class at Meadow Farm too..... you know im so grateful for SS, and the friendships I have from there! thank you!
- You taught me to run!!! I am now training myself again for the 10k and I know I can do it because you inspire me.
- Happy Anniversary and thank you. Because of you and SS I got back in shape, ran my first ever 5K and met many wonderful, beautiful and motivating moms who became incredible friends. Thank you!!
- From a HOSS (husband of a stroller strider), my favorite memory is doing sprints at the JCC with a Rudolph nose on my face at a holiday '08 family workout (or something silly to that effect). seriously though, congrats to you and many more years of continued success. The stroller strides network has meant so much to our family
- my fav memory...when i started SS (5yrs ago) i made some wonderful friends
- Thank you for helping me get in shape while spending time with my children. It is becuase and you that I started running and ran my 1st 8k last year. I am very thankful for the camaraderie with other mom in Stroller Strides.
- You have inspired many woman over the last 5 years. I enjoyed going to SS, teaching SS, making new friends, and my children making new friends. Keep up the great work!
- Your five year anniversary marks my three year anniversary... I signed up for Stroller Strides at your second "birthday bash" held at Regency in 2007! Wow! Thanks for all you've done and continue to do!
- I'm addicted- I'm away this week and miss my SS classes!
Feel free to post your favorite memories here! But if you haven't been to Stroller Strides yet...WHAT'S KEEPING YOU?!? Join us! Your first class is free, and we are offering a fantastic special in January...$20.10 registration fee. Save $54.90 which is like getting one month free!
I hope to see you at class soon!
(btw, i will post a pic from that first class on here soon!)